Titan Outpost is an isometric, single-player role-playing game set on Titan, the sixth moon of the planet Saturn. Humanity is engulfed in an energy crisis and you are there to harvest the moon’s precious resources and uncover its mysteries.
There is very little combat in the game. Titan itself is your biggest enemy and your character will need to use a variety of skills to handle missions. In an atmosphere so uninvitingly cold that methane is a liquid, every choice matters and every step counts.
- The PICA character system features four attributes -Physical, Intelligence, Charisma and Awarenss- and six skills, ranging from science to exploration.
- Branching storylines and multiple quest solutions.
- Discrete time system, where every passing second determines unfolding events and the game world continues while your character sleeps.
- Logistical elements , think original Dune adventure meets the strategic layer of X-com.
- A rich backstory with a combination of realistic science-fiction and cold war tension.
- Over twenty locations, a hundred if you count all the lakes.
- Build and expand your base, it’s not called Titan Outpost for nothing.
- Research exciting new technologies, ranging from new ways to keep warm, generating more power or making Titan ever so slightly more like Earth.
- Multiple factions: You can decide to join the Chinese, work for independent contractors or stay loyal to your employer.
- 70s aesthetic.